Click on a heading to display information
How do I buy items from your site?
Payment is automatically made through Paypal when you order through this site (even if you are not registered with Paypal you can make secure credit card payments through the site). If you prefer to pay via direct deposit, please select the Direct Deposit option at checkout. If paying by Direct Deposit I will start making your order once funds have cleared in my bank account. Once payment has cleared and items are made, I will post your items using Australia Post parcel post (includes tracking).
Postage & Packaging
Postage is automatically added to your cart. Postage is a flat rate $7 within Australia via Regular Post.
All packages are sent as parcels and therefore will include tracking. Tracking information will be forwarded to the customer after parcel has been posted.
**Registered mail is recommended – especially on large orders or with items which can not be reproduced exactly**
Registered mail options provide insurance should your item be lost or damaged in transit and will require signature on delivery. If you would like your parcel registered for an additional $5.00 please go to OTHER JEWELLERY – EXTRAS and select the Registered Post option and add to cart.
International Orders – On A Whim Designs ships within Australia only.
Due to my location in a rural area, I am not able to post every day. I will advise estimated delivery time for your order at time of payment.
I do my best to ensure all items are well packed to reduce chance of damage during postage. If there are any problems please contact me via the Contact page.
Are all items exactly as pictured on the website?
I try to give a good representation of all items on the site, but due to photography/lighting/computer settings, colours may differ slightly from actual item. Also, due to the handmade nature of these items, there may be some slight imperfections in some items (eg. tiny air bubbles) but these are part of the handmade charm of the items!
Polymer clay items are made up after order is placed. Due to the handmade nature of these items, there will be variations in the size, colour, patterns and texture of beads. Again, this is part of the handmade process and makes each item unique.
Special Orders / Custom Made Items
Do you have a design you wish to use? Do you have a theme you would be interested in? Is there a design you would like as a set (multiple of the same design, or items which go together)? Drop me a line and we can discuss your options. I have made a number or items using clients photographs, charm bracelets with unusual themes, as well as some items not listed on my site, such as these wine glass charms for a wedding party. You can see a number of my custom orders in my Special Orders album on my Facebook page (click HERE to have a look)
Refunds/exchange will be given if an item is faulty/damaged or incorrectly supplied. Item photo forms part of the item description – if you require further information please contact me prior to purchase. I am sometimes unable to supply replacement of the exact same product, due to the original nature of some items.
Are items waterproof?
No! Glass and resin items will stand up to incidental splashing, but are not waterproof. Please do not wear them swimming or bathing! Rings are especially susceptible to water damage – to be safe please remove before washing hands etc.
How durable are the paper backed pendants?
Items are basically made of glass, paper and glaze/glue – please be careful when wearing them! Those items which are not in a metal setting will require particular care as rough treatment of the bail could cause the paper to tear. The paper on the back of the pendants has been sealed with jewellery grade glaze, but it will be susceptible to wear and tear. I do my best to make all items as carefully as possible, but will not be held responsible for breakages due to mishandling. Thanks!
Silver and Copper Items
Please be aware that items marked as ‘silver’ or ‘silver coloured’ are silver plated (usually over a brass base). They are NOT solid/sterling silver. As such, items may tarnish and/or show signs of wear, depending on use and personal reaction to silver products. Tarnish can be cleaned using silver polishing cloths but please be careful of glass cabochons.
Copper beads may also tarnish over time.
All items are lead and nickel free.
What are Swarovski Pearls?
Swarovski Pearls are imitation pearls made with a Swarovski crystal centre, which sets Swarovski pearls apart from other imitation pearls. The crystal is layered with several coats of mother of pearl to create a stunning luminous finish. Swarovski pearls are extremely durable. They are resistant to scratches and abrasions, UV light, perspiration, and perfume. The other advantage to Swarovski pearls is that like genuine pearls they change temperature to reflect the body temperature of the wearer. Along with this, the realistic colour, lustre and feel of Swarovski crystal pearls make these a quality addition to my jewellery.
Competitions & Giveaways
To say thank you to those who support me on Facebook, I will occasionally offer FREE GIVEAWAYS or run COMPETITIONS through my Facebook page. The rules and conditions of these promotions are as follows:
- To enter FREE GIVEAWAY promotions you must LIKE On A Whim Designs on Facebook and the LIKE or COMMENT on the promotional post. Each like and comment will equal one (1) entry to the competition.
- Winners will be picked at random from likes and comments posted on the promotional post using Woobox Winner Picker.
- Automated entries, bulk entries or third party entries will be disqualified.
- Winners will be notified on my On A Whim Designs Facebook page. If winner does not respond within 5 days of notification, another winner will be randomly chosen.
- Once winner has been chosen and notified, winner must contact me to provide a mailing address.
- Any details required (such as postal address for postage of prize, email address and so on) will remain completely confidential and will be deleted from my contacts once promotion is finished and prize has been received. No details will ever be passed on by me to another entity.
- Participants must have an Australian postal address to be eligible to enter.
- Competition will run for the time specified on the Facebook post.
- Any competitions run on my page are run solely by myself and are not in anyway sponsored or affiliated with Facebook.
- All prizes are handmade by me (On A Whim Designs). Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or refunded and are not exchangeable for cash.
- The judge’s decision in any competition run on my page is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- As the organiser of any promotions on my Facebook page I reserve the right to stop/postpone any promotion if I feel there has been any cheating or tampering with the promotion until an investigation has been completed.
- By entering any competition run on my page you are agreeing to abide by the above terms and conditions.
I am a small, hobby run business, and I run promotions on my Facebook page to thank my followers as well as to increase my Facebook base. I am not a large corporation out to fill your page or email with spam, and I am genuinely excited to be able to share my products with my fans/followers. Please be aware that I am not a lawyer, and as such I have written my terms and conditions to the best of my ability! If you have feedback or concerns with these rules, please Contact Me.